Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A person doesn't know how much he has to be thankful for until he has to pay taxes on it. ~Author Unknown

No photos, no real news... but felt a need to do a post.


The last week or so has been full, workwise, partywise, lifewise....


Work - it's tax time for farmers.  The July to December value added tax returns had to be completed by the 1st of March, now we will be getting into full swing with the tax returns, beginning with individual tax returns, then farmers returns then company returns along with annual reports and other stuff.... Writing this I realise I have become the most boring person in the world - the person that I most dreaded becoming - an accountant... without the degree or the education and with very little interest in the whole thing...  - It's all not bad though - I have the greatest of clients that are doing a wonderful job creating food for our tables.  The others I deal with are also amazing - a fisherman, a block of flats for the elderly, a small film production company, a book, the historical centre for the Icelandic Horse, an equestrian centre and ofcourse the books for the company that I am working for - an advisory centre for the farmers in our district.... I am blessed in the variety of work that I am involved in.


Party - Friday night my cousin's daughters boyfriend finished his masters in Geology, so she had a family get together at their place - yummy food and great company, I always enjoy spending time with them.  His thesis was about the use of volcanic areas as tourism destinations (a rather liberal view of what it was actually about), but I think that his ideas from the thesis are being picked up by our environment minister - heard a quote where she was talking about the potential in geothermal areas for more tourism and eco related activities as well as utilising the energy in the areas.  Saturday was the annual get together of the Environmental centre for North West Iceland (I am a glorified chairman of the board), the local museum and the heritage office.... I have attended these every year as the "partner" of my favourite archeologist attached to the museum - this year as glorified chairman....  Was a good night - I made sushi and tempura for entre, the environmental office head (and his wife) made a goulash soup and dessert was provided by the heritage office - a yummy cheesecake... after which we drank more and sang and sang and sang..... This was then followed by me going out with a third cousin - once removed... was a long long night.


Life - is good.  With all that has been going on at work I have had to depend on Olga heaps to do the cooking or the shopping or both.... I am so blessed in my life - especially having her and Ross here, they are making life that much easier for me and I don't think that I tell them often enough how much I appreciate them stepping in for me - whether it's for walking the dog, doing the shopping, driving mum, cooking the food, providing me with entertainment and company etc etc etc... thanks guys - I really do appreciate it!  Also, to Vicki - the best friend a Freyja could ever have!  


It started snowing again tonight and as its not that cold the snow is really slushy and wet - great for making a snowman - if only I had the energy........


Have a great week people .. it's March already!!  So much to do, so little time... why oh why does time fly so quickly after 40?

3 comments:

Maja said...

It's flying by for those of us in our 30's as well! I have a theory that time continues to speed up but we have nothing to measure it against so we can't tell.

March already. I realised that technically summer is kind of over for us here but it will continue to be hot for at least another month. Except today and tomorrow it's only 21 degrees at jundee.

olga said...

Aw, thanks Sigga, but honestly it's the least we can do - you've pretty much been pampering us forever!

Ha, do you know why you felt you had to post? Cause I didn't! Good to know you'll step into the breach!

Yeah, time flies! I'm not too fussed about it at the moment, can't wait til JUNE!

xx

Northern musings said...

We discussed this today at the podiatrists and at the hairdressers.... December seems like yesterday - the beginning of December was three months ago.... June is three months from now.. ie it will seem like tomorrow... and you are right Maja - time is speeding up... surely there are some quantum/chaos theory physicists out there working on this problem! (also, time especially flies when you sleep - this can be the only reason for me being so sleepy every morning when I wake up!)