Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week. ~Joseph Addison

Oh boy, now it starts to get hard.


Today like most Sundays, began with me being woken up by the dog - she cries - especially when the weather outside is nice.... so although I managed to get her to stay calm for an extra half hour snooze, she finally got me to get out of bed and start the day.


As like most other days I went to mums to get my coffee fill, this morning - like all weekends, the coffee from breakfast was finished, so I made a fresh pot, managed to get down one cup before the crying started again.  As I was having folk for a late lunch early dinner I knew I needed to get some extra stuff for the meal and as the weather was actually quite nice (ie no wind) I decided to walk the dog up to the shop on the hill.  In Sauðárkrókur we have two supermarkets, well if you can call them that.  One is a department store (of the very small country variety that sells everything - well, if you can´t get it there you don't need it - as the saying goes) and a smaller store up on the hill - which is basically a food store - but it does sell stockings and socks... 


So, I made a deal with Olga that I would call her when I got up to the store so that she could pick me and the dog up along with the shopping.  The walk was extremely pleasant... nice snowy ground NO wind and sunny.  Freyja enjoyed it immensely.  Called mum's to talk to Olga... busy signal, called Olga, no answer, called Ross - YES win..  (Olga was on the phone to my brother Hilmar.... again congrats on the wonderful wedding)... Olga showed up just as I was at the counter and off we trundled home.


So, next step get the late lunch/dinner going...  and doing basic basic cleaning around the house - afterall I was getting visitors who had never entered my not so clean home. 


All went well, guests arrived, food was eaten and enjoyed.  Actually must say it was a very pleasant and relaxing way to spend a Sunday - I should do these late lunches / early dinners more often, good food, good wine, good conversation - it's the greatest pleasure in life.


In other news Henry was kicking today and Olga asked if I wanted to have a look - I did, saw some movement, then she asked if I wanted a feel..... I did, still not comfortable with this, I feel it is such an infringement on her personal space - also re-affirmed the fact that I find this all a tad strange, there is a definite reason why I never became a mother... Does this make me un-natural as a female being?  I definitely have nothing against "little" people, nor do I have anything against maternity or pregnancy.... hmmm... thoughts to ponder on.

4 comments:

Maja said...

Having a little human growing inside you is totally freaky, really! But cool at the same time. I love touching pregnant ladies bellies. Only if I know them though! I wouldn't touch random pregnant ladies bellies like some people seem to do.

Unnur said...

Sounds like a great Sunday, especially feeling Henry!

olga said...

Ha ha, it's totally okay Sigga, I think it is pretty bizarre myself. But I was thinking: if you didn't want to be pregnant, and all this wiggling was going on, it would be completely horrifying.

Lunch dinner was lovely, I definitely agree we should do it more often!
xx

judith said...

I think it's funny to find the people you think would be freaked out by it (guys) totally opposite. My brother couldn't wait to see me at 7 mos. pregnant, he even asked if he could see my bare belly! Didn't bother me but grossed my sister out. She is the one that doesn't have children and he's like Super Dad. Olga, wait until you are so big with the baby that you can see the outline of his butt up against your belly. That's freaky!